UK flag carrier British Airways and India's leading airline IndiGo, have signed a codeshare agreement to boost connections between the UK and India.
Through this partnership – which sees British Airways add its code onto a range of destinations across IndiGo’s network - customers can enjoy improved connectivity between Southeast Asia and Europe for travel from 12 October 2023.
In total, eight destinations are now available as codeshare options when travelling from London Heathrow via New Delhi or Mumbai. This includes three new destinations that haven’t been accessible to British Airways customers until now:
● London Heathrow to Amritsar via New Delhi
● London Heathrow to Kochi via Mumbai
● London Heathrow to Ahmedabad via Mumbai
● London Heathrow to Goa via Mumbai
● London Heathrow to Thiruvananthapuram via Mumbai (NEW)
● London Heathrow to Kolkata via Mumbai
● London Heathrow to Rajkot (Hirasar) via Mumbai (NEW)
● London Heathrow to Vadodara via Mumbai (NEW)
The agreement means that British Airways’ customers travelling, for example from Rajkot (Hirasar) to London, or transiting through Heathrow (or vice versa) will be able to connect to their destination on a single ticket.
IndiGo operates an extensive domestic and regional network with a fleet of A320 aircraft. All British Airways customers travelling onwards with IndiGo will be able to enjoy a complimentary meal and the UK carrier’s generous baggage allowance in economy via codeshare for flights to India – two checked bags up to 23 kilos per person.
To use this function, please sign in. If you do not have an account, please sign up using the link below.
Create a new account Sign in